Open Course Development
- Open UToronto MOOC Initiative: Report on Third Year of Activity (October 2015)
- Open UToronto MOOC Research
- Open UToronto MOOC Initiative: Report on Second Year of Activity (September 2014)
- Open UToronto MOOC Initiative: Report on First Year of Activity (August 2013)
Open Course Development Guidelines and Resources
The Office of the Vice Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education oversees academic and policy matters related to design, development and delivery of Massively Open Online Courses (MOOCs) supported by the institution. The Open UToronto Advisory Committee has been established to guide the office in development of Open UToronto principles and practice and to provide strategic advice and guidelines regarding online and open access resources and courses.
As noted in the Open Course Initiative Fund documentation, the overarching the goals of the institution are as follows:
- Contribute to education community and broader public by sharing curriculum
- Explore a range of pedagogical approaches and open course platforms
- Leverage use of MOOC materials through integration into UofT degree program courses
- Showcase the University of Toronto’s capacity as a leading institution for teaching, learning and research
General Information on Development of Open Courses and MOOCs:
Approvals and Funding:
Director – Online Learning Strategies provides support in the area of faculty development related to MOOC initiatives; consults on resourcing, team-based planning and design; coordinates institutional research and evaluation activities; and acts as liaison with the Office of the Vice-Provost Academic Programs as required.
Director – Academic and Collaborative Technologies provides support in the area of Open UToronto initiatives broadly, identifies institutional strategies and processes related to resourcing and infrastructure integration, and enables access to relevant information, resources, services across the institution.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information or consultation.